Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remember, remember.

"Are you guys ready? Okay. Let's roll!"
Todd Beamer's last words heard by operator Lisa Jefferson at 09:55.


Since around 8 in the morning, I've been watching the memorial of 9/11, all the names being read out and all the clips they show of the people running from the collapsing towers ten years ago. My little sister just kind of sits there watching it, she was only 4 when it happened, but my big brother, who was 11, hasn't stopped sniffing. He hasn't come close to crying (he's too tough to break down in front of us, or at least, he acts that way), but he's going to sit through the entire names, or he wants to at least. All the way till 1 p.m.


What I've been really thinking about is Flight 93, the men in that plane who took a stand and prevented the death of many. It's heroism that I have never been sure if it shall occur again, but I know that at least once a year, somewhere in the world, someone becomes a hero of their story. Sometimes the most random, out of nowhere, normal, everyday people seem to rise against an evil of the world, to protect people they'll never even look at, but know that are there. And I think that's something that should be remembered above all else, on this day.


-Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment