Powered By Blogger

Monday, September 12, 2011

Talk about awkward...

So on my creative writing class (first time there's ever been an elective like that on my high school--squee!) we had to write a paper about ourselves in the form of a character. As in, make a self insert and make up stories for them. Kind of like a character bio. I didn't get to present today, but the stories read today were awkward, and we're like, so totally suppose to relate to that (insert picture of me flamboyantly flipping my hair and waving my hand). I was expecting a bunch of perfect, angel like Mary Sue's and Stu's to start flowing down from the mouth of today's teen society, but that would have been hoping for something good. Instead, there was about ten thousand papers about characters who were not good enough, pretty enough, smart enough, who wanted to vent out their fears and problems through the world and let their creativity burst from their hearts and to the surface.


Yeah...talk about awkward. I think at some point my teacher just started fiddling around uncomfortably with her pen and the paper she was using to grade us. I expected some to outright admit to rape or murder, the way things were turning, that would have been the least out-of-nowhere thing to say in that class. I was glad for the couple of jokers that went up to describe characters who did insane things (seriously, Chelle would have done great in this class, but she's already taking art, jewelry, and some other requirement--I think it's a language class, can't remember), but aside from that, there was so much doom and gloom.


Gack.


So I still have to write mine...not sure what I'll be saying. She said the characters were suppose to be based off, not...directly us, and that there was no shame in exaggeration. But I am in no way interesting enough to even have a scrap of my life put on for the rest of the world. In fact...why the hell do I have a blog? Nothing interesting ever happens, and nothing ever will. Maybe I just like pretending writing about my life makes me someone.


Oops, about to move into "I'm not perfect, nobody loves me" territory. Better stop now. So for the character...well, there's no shame in exaggerating, no shame in lying. Can't have one without the other, right?


-Alex

1 comment:

  1. I had a creative writing class last year, and craziness is practically a definition for creative writing class. XD Anyway, I think that your life is interesting. ... That sounded creepy, didn't it? Sorry. >.<' Good luck with presenting. I'm sure you'll do fine.

    ReplyDelete